Since 1992, Professor Khanna has built a formidable career carrying out advanced cosmetic and oral surgical procedures in combination with aesthetic medicine. This involves the latest advances in oral implantology in combination with soft and hard tissue grafting, temporomandibular (TMD) rehabilitation and treatment for head and neck pain. He has been at the forefront of the development of concepts and techniques using BTX, dermal filler, PRP and thread lifting for over 27 years. Professor Khanna is an invited speaker and chairman to most senior aesthetic medical and dental conferences in the world. Globally, he is considered by his peers to be one of the leading experts in facial aesthetics, and clinicians travel from around the world to the DrBK Training Institute and the DrBK Clinic to learn his concepts and techniques and/or receive treatment themselves from him. Over 35% of his patients are clinicians - he is globally known as the 'doctor's choice' for their own treatments.
Since 1996 he has advised and acted as international KOL for Merz, Teoxane, Q-med, Allergan, Filorga, Galderma, Croma, Pluryal, Erchonia and the Baldan Group, helping to develop his full face approach.
He is a visiting professor in two senior universities in Europe.
Here are some highlights:
- 1996: First dental surgeon in the world to embrace facial aesthetics
- 1997: Dr Bob Khanna Training Institute (DrBKTI) opened for dentists, doctors and surgeons all over the world. To date over 60,000 delegates trained in his concepts and techniques
- 2003: Awarded with a fellowship from the International Academy of Dental Facial Aesthetics in New York, an accolade shared by some of the world’s most eminent dental surgeons
- 2005: International Academy of Advanced Facial Aesthetics (IAAFA) - Founder and President (IAAFA is supported by many internationally accomplished dentists, doctors, plastic surgeons and dermatologists)
- 2007-current: FACE conference UK invited lecturer and conducting live demonstrations
- 2008: Awarded 'Best Training Course Provider of the Year' at the Aesthetic Medicine Awards as voted by the profession
- 2009: Awarded ‘UK Private Dental Surgeon of the Year' as voted by his peers
- 2009: DrBK Clinic and Institute opened - a state of the art facility dedicated to clinical excellence
- 2009: Appointed as Lead Clinical Director in the Faculty of General Dental Practice UK (FGDP) facial aesthetics masterclass at the Royal College of Surgeons (London)
- 2010: Author of the facial aesthetics module of the Aesthetics MSc at Kings College London (KCL)
- 2010: Qmed masterclasses in Sydney, Australia
- 2010: Qmed masterclasses in Hong Kong and Singapore
- 2010-2014: International Master Course in Anti-aging Science – IMCAS (France, Far East and India) - appointed Clinical Course Director and Chairman
- 2011: On behalf of Galderma was asked to help launch Emervel in the Paris Academy via a series of masterclasses to international doctors
- 2011-current: Appointed Clinical Chairman and Director at the Aesthetic Medicine World Congress (AMWC) in Monaco, Berlin, Moscow, South America, Far East
- 2012-current: Appointed Visiting Professor of Facial Aesthetics at the University of Seville, Spain
- 2021: Royal Society of Public Health - approved the DrBKTI as the first training institute in the UK
- 2022-current: Officially named ‘Tatler’s Doctors’ Choice’
- 2023: Professor and Chair of the Advanced Non-surgical Module of the International MSc in Aesthetic Medicine at the Medical University of Vienna, Austria